International technology conference: 2016 IEEE International NEWCAS
The Consulate general of France in Vancouver is proud to be a sponsor of the 14th IEEE International NEWCAS (NEW Circuits And Systems) conference, held jointly with FTFC and taking place from June 26 to 29, 2016.
The IEEE is an international technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. It comprises of 420,000 IEEE members in over 160 countries, including France.
The conference is alternately organized in France and in Canada each year. 2015 took place in Grenoble and it is the very first time NewCAS is being held in Coastal Canada.
The University of Bordeaux and the University of British Columbia have been working on a joint research proposal (international research collaboration application for NSERC and ANR) and continuously working on strengthening research collaborations, including a Co-tutelle de Thèse agreement.
Prof. Thierry Taris from Bordeaux Institute of Technology (INP)’s IMS Lab will be attending this edition as well as visiting UBC while he is in Vancouver. UBC Prof. Shahriar Mirabbasi visited himself his counterpart in France last spring.
Other French presence includes:
- Luc Hébrard, University of Strasbourg
- Patricia Desgreys, Telecom ParisTech
- Jean-Baptiste Begueret, University of Bordeaux
Some of the topics’ conference will include (but are not limited to) :
- Biomedical/communication circuits and systems
- Computer architecture and memories
- Energy harvesting circuits
- Imaging and image sensors
- Low-power low-voltage designs
- Technology Trends
- When: June 26 to 29, 2016
- Where: Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
- Conference website