#InvestInFrance: French Ambassador in Vancouver October 26th [fr]
New opportunities for Canadian « entrepreneurs » in France
The signing of the EU-Canada Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) will open vast new opportunities for Canadian business in a market as large as 500 million consumers. Due to its position at the heart of Europe, as well as its extensive infrastructure, world class academic and research network, and advanced technological industry, France is well placed to work as a hub for Canadian investments in Europe.
The French government has recently adopted new initiatives to make it easier and faster to set up and run a business, and it has introduced substantial tax incentives for investment in research and development. Due to strong economic and cultural ties, France is also a natural gateway to the vibrant African markets.
This roundtable breakfast gave the opportunity to:
- meet French Ambassador, H.E. Mr Nicolas Chapuis, to learn more about new economic developments in France and how CETA will be a game-changer;
- listen to Canadian companies Hootsuite and Sirona Biochem who exchanged their experience growing their business through investing in France;
- network with other Canadian entrepreneurs;
- get advice from the Business France agency on the first steps to develop your activity in France.
See also see how CETA would benefit to BC businesses. (Download the PDF file).
In the media
- French ambassador visits Vancouver to downplay CETA deal deadlock, Chuck Chiang, The Vancouver Sun, October 27th, 2016. Chinese version.
- French ambassador reaches out to BC’s Chinese Community. Chuck Chiang, The Vancouver Sun, October 31st, 2016.
- French ambassador visits Vancouver to downplay CETA deal deadlock, Chuck Chiang, The Province, October 27th, 2016.
- France’s ambassador speaks frankly about CETA, BC liquor reforms and tourism, Charlie Smith, The Georgia Straight, October 27th, 2016.
- Canada-EU Trade Agreement may be on hold, but Canada still has a French tech connection, Jonathon Narvey, BetaKit, October 27th, 2016.
- L’ambassadeur de France cherche à séduire les entrepreneurs à Vancouver, actualités, Radio Canada CB-Yukon, October 27th, 2016
- Radio Roundhouse, Kirk Lapointe evening show, Octobre 31st, 2016: