Working for an International Organization (CERN, OECD, UNESCO...)
In order to work in France, International Organization employers and civil servants require a visa delivered by the French Consulate. This visa enables the applicant to be delivered a resident card of a special kind, with the mention "PRO-MAE". This visa is valid for France only. It cannot be issued if the applicant is already in France
The time process for this visa varies from 10 to 20 business days (2 to 3 weeks).
- All applicants must apply in person and must book an appointment on line. Personal appearance is mandatory.
Please note that if you need your visa to be sent back to you, you must provide a self-addressed, pre-paid Xpress Post enveloppe on the day of your appointment.
1) - Passport valid for at least three months beyond the applicant’s last day of stay in France. Please make sure your passport has a double blank pages to affix the visa. + ONE COPY of the main pages. Make sure your passport has been delivered less than 10 years ago.
2) - One long stay visa application form filled out completely and signed by the applicant (please read carefully the explanations). Please indicate date of departure from Canada to France next to length of stay.
- Long stay visa application form
- (PDF - 28.4 kb)
- Formulaire demande visa de long séjour
- (PDF - 47.8 kb)
3) - 2 ID pictures.
Required Photo quality :
- Photo requirements
- (PDF - 220.6 kb)
4) - The verbal note of letter of accreditation stamped by the Service du Protocole of the Ministry of European and Foreign Affairs. Please wait until the consulate has contacted you to inform you that the document, stamped by the Protocole, has been received, to file your application.
Sous Direction des Privilèges et Immunités Consulaires
57, Boulevard des Invalides
Phone: +33 188.8.131.52.00
Fax : +33 184.108.40.206.49