Spotlight on France at VIFF
The 33rd edition of the Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) honours the rich cinematic culture that continues to flourish in France by highlighting the nation’s finest big-screen offerings.
From Septembre 25th to October 10th, keep an eye on the program and don’t miss the Spotlight on France series. Other French productions will be shown throughout the festival.
- Life of Riley (Alain Resnais)
- 24 Days (Alexandre Arcady)
- Handmade with love from France (Julie Georgia Bernard)
- In the Name of my Daughter (André Téchiné)
- The Kidnapping of Michel Houellebecq (Guillaume Nicloux)
- Li’l Quinquin (Bruno Dumont)
- Love at First Sight (Thomas Cailley)
- Miss and the Doctors (Axelle Ropert)
- La Sapienza (Eugène Green)
VIFF will also show other French productions, such as two shortfilms: "The Black Butterflies" (Antoine Blanchet), and Grounded (Alexis Michalik); fantastic film "Alleluia" (Fabrice du Welz); "Cartoonists: Foot Soldiers of Democracy" (Stéphanie Valloatto); "Welcome to New York" (Abel Ferrara); 3D movie "Goodbye to Language" (Jean-Luc Godard); the documentary "Faith Connections" (Pan Nalin), "Flore" (Jean-Albert Nièvre) and "Iranian" (Mehran Tamadon); and finally the French Taïwanese movie "Journey to the West" in the Dragons&Tigers series.
As a late addition, please note that Yves Saint-Laurent movie (Jalil Lespert) will be also part of the Spotlight in france.
For more information, please refer to VIFF website.