Members of religious organizations and associated secular individuals
Who can apply?
* Anyone going to to participate in the activities of a religious organization in France and holder of a "Religious organization members form" or "Members of the Protestant Church form"
* if you are going to participate in the activities of a religious organization of a different denomination, you must apply for and obtain a Long Stay Visitor Visa
Processing time: 3 to 10 business days approximately. This process cannot be expedited, so make sure you apply sufficiently in advance (at least three weeks before your scheduled departure).
If you cannot come back to the Consulate to pick-up your passport, please provide a self-addressed Xpresspost or prepaid FedEx, UPS or Purolator envelope.
If your stay in France exceeds six months, please download the OFII form below, fill out the upper part, and submit it with the other required documents of your application.
- Formulaire OFII (français)
- (PDF - 211.7 kb)
- OFII form (English)
- (PDF - 35.1 kb)
If your visa is granted, the consulate will stamp this form and return it to you. Upon your arrival in France, you will have to fill out the last portion and mail the form to the OFII office closest to your home in France. A list of offices is provided with the form.
Please note that you are required to submit both original and copies of all your documents (except for the application form). All supporting documents have to be submitted in letter format.
When preparing your application, make sure that all the documents are submitted in the following order, with the original and copy together.
1. Passport + copy of its identification page(s). The passport has to be valid for at least three months following the applicant’s return to Canada
2. One (1) long stay visa application form, duly filled out and signed
- Formulaire demande visa de long séjour
- (PDF - 47.8 kb)
- Long stay visa application form
- (PDF - 28.4 kb)
3. Two (2) recent and identical ID photos: format 35mmx45mm only, with a clear and plain background. Pictures with hat, caps, sunglasses, etc.. will not be accepted.
- Photo requirements
- (PDF - 220.6 kb)
5. Any document supporting your status in Canada and allowing your re-entry for at least 6 months (PR card, work or study permit…). This does not apply to Canadian citizens travelling on a Canadian passport.
5. One of the following forms :
Formulaire pour membres d’associations religieuses - Religious organizations members form
- (PDF - 78.9 kb)
Membre de l’Église Protestante - Member of the Protestant Church
- (PDF - 33 kb)
6. The letter of mission from your religious congregation in Canada