Innovation Boulevard visited counterparts in France
From November 1st to November 9th 2015, Innovation Boulevard visited France to further elaborate on potential collaborations projects linked to "Neuro and med - Technologies" and "Independent living technologies".
Innovation Boulevard is an agile partnership of health, business, higher education and government creating new health technologies to improve peoples’ lives. This cluster gathers the City of Surrey, Simon Fraser University, and the Memorial Hospital.
More than 180 organizations are actually part of Innovation Boulevard, and drive innovation in 3 major fields:
- Medical equipment,
- Autonomy of elderly people,
- Computer science applied to health.
During its visit in France supported by the scientific department of the Consulate general of France in Vancouver, the delegation visited 3 different cities:
- Paris: SATT (Société d’Accélération et de Transfert de Technologie), IDFInnov, and MEDICEN
- Clermont-Ferrand: Meeting with the region Auvergne that already developed some solid partnerships with SFU and UBC
- Marseille: SATT Sud-Est, cluster Eurobiomed, Agency of economic development Provence Promotion, CERIMED (European Centre of Research in Medical Imaging) and the university of Aix-Marseille (AMU)
Multiple collaborative research projects that generate common interest have emerged following this field visit between Innovation Boulevard and French stakeholders.