For a new world-class French cultural centre in Vancouver [fr]
Consul General, Philippe Sutter, with Marie-Claire Howard et Robert Khouri, President and Vice-President of the Alliance française Vancouver.
Alliance française Vancouver is celebrating 115 years ! On this occasion, it launched the “Cultiver l’excellence Campaign”, a historic effort to create a new home that will serve as a world-class French cultural centre in Vancouver, on par with Alliance française’s reputation.
It will contribute to the Greater Vancouver’s rich cultural diversity, offer more options for the growing demand to learn the French language, and celebrate la joie de vivre with plenty of events.
Here are some of the highlights :
▪ Accessible LEED Gold certified building with three levels and underground parking
▪ 14 classrooms showcasing the latest technology and modern learning environments
▪ Dramatic 3-storey spiral staircase will be an atrium focal point
▪ BC’s largest French Médiathèque/Library
▪ Roof-top terrace
▪ Art Gallery for professional exhibitions
▪ Fully-equipped culinary demonstration kitchen
▪ A professional auditorium featuring an accessible 165-seat space suitable for music, dance, theatre and lectures
▪ Public café proposed with locally-made French food and beverages
Be part of it!
Cultiver l’excellence Campaign
Alliance Française is an international organization that aims to promote the French language and culture around the world.