Digital Media Conference #DMCvan16: Brains & Computers [fr]
The Digital Media Conference - Brains & Computers, co-organized by the Centre for Digital Media and the Consulate General of France in Vancouver between key speakers from France and Canada took place on June 13th.
Together, panelists represented:
- Brain-Computer Interface initiatives
- AR/VR product and application design
- accelerators in BC
- and digital media product design.
- innovative BCI research
- current academic research in France
- the current state of the burgeoning VR and AR fields
- recent scientific results and strategic policies of the Digital media sector.
- French scientist Dr. Fabien LOTTE expert in Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI),
- Dr. Kimberly VOLL, cognitive scientist, programmer and game developer for her own company and Riot Games,
- Dr. Ian HAND, Executive Director of VentureLabs®,
- and Kharis O’CONNELL, CEO of IsHuman (VR/AR)
The conference was moderated by Dr. Richard Smith, director of the Master of Digital Media Program.
The event also featured MDM student demos of VR projects in progress.
- Thursday June 16th, 2016
- 6 to 8 PM. (Reception to follow)
- Centre for Digital Media: 685 Great Northern Way Campus, Vancouver
- Transit: Skytrain VCC Clarke, #84, #99
- Free parking available. See picture below.
- The recorded streaming can be found here.
- You can also relive the conference on Twitter with #DMCvan16.
- Business in Vancouver daily show on Radio Roundhouse - Wednesday June 8th
In the press:
- Article by Tyler Orton in Business in Vancouver, digital access here - tuesday june 14th 2016 .
This event is arranged under the project "Science & Society: towards a digital society".